This summer, cadets from Horsham Squadron, have been away enjoying themselves all over the country on a variety of camps. This has included camps at both RAF stations and at adventurous training centres.
- RAF Boulmer: where cadets took part in night time field craft exercises, went shooting, watched how UK airspace is monitored for threats by the RAF and had good fun, going to a water park!
- MOD Boscombe Down: where cadets visited the different sections developing new technology, such as the night vision facility, the anechoic chamber and the environmental test facility. They also went bowling, flying in a tutor and had a trip in a Chinook.
- Windermere: an adventure training camp, where cadets went mountain climbing, canoeing, kayaking dragon boating, outdoor rock climbing and abseiling as well as mountain biking, down mountain biking tracks.
- RIAT [Royal International Air Tattoo]: At this national camp, cadets got an opportunity to work alongside the runway of the air show, see lots of exciting aircraft perform aerial displays, got to meet the red arrows and cadets from other countries.
- Gibraltar: an overseas camp, where cadets went dolphin watching, swimming at a water park, visited a zoo and a police dog unit and looked round the town center and defensive tunnels.